Monday, September 9, 2013

Intro to Alan November

   Oh my goodness! So much I don't know about technology. I really feel ancient compared to everyone around me who is so much more knowledgeable about computers. Yet, reading the Preface and Introduction to Alan November's book, Empowering Students With Technology, I feel certain that it is a powerful, motivating, and essential tool for today's students.
  What I found fascinating was the General Motors tidbit (p.2) where GM spent more money than any other private business on technology, to find that the result was a lowering of the quality of cars. What does that say about technology? Or, what does that say about people? To me it says, faster is not always better. There is no denying the allure of technology for students and the motivation it seems to perpetuate. It is a good tool but it is just that, a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment